By Philip Grierson
BOOKS ON SOVIET RUSSIA, 1917-1942
by Philip Grierson, M.A.
Excerpt from Preface
THIS ebook represents the 1st try and collect an inventory of books and pamphlets on post-revolutionary Russia which have been released in nice Britain. The interval that it covers is the twenty-five years among February 1917 and the top of June 1942. yet an insignificant record of names and titles, whereas it would be of worth to a pretty limited type of librarians and booksellers, will be of little use to most people, and there's at this time a significant want for a few form of consultant to the large and extremely diversified literature in life at the Soviet Union. i've got hence attempted to make the bibliography appropriate to a much broader public through together with in it a definite variety of works — mainly collections of files and private memoirs — released outdoors nice Britain, frequently within the usa or within the Soviet Union and infrequently in languages except English, and by way of including to every merchandise a observe on its personality and the perspective from which it really is written. In either those positive aspects the non-public issue is concerned, and it truly is in them that I shall most likely lay myself such a lot open to feedback. . .
LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
1. BIBLIOGRAPHIES AND GUIDE-BOOKS
3. HISTORIES OF RUSSIA AND THE SOVIET UNION
II. THE REVOLUTION AND THE CIVIL warfare
1. common HISTORIES OF THE interval 1917-22
2. FIRST-HAND bills
3. THE holiday WITH THE earlier
4. INTERVENTION AND THE CIVIL battle
5. THE FAMINE OF 1921-2
6. MISCELLANEOUS WORKS
III. THE SOVIET kingdom
1. normal WORKS
2. THE structure
3. THE criminal method
4. the key POLICE, focus CAMPS, AND the good TRIALS
5. THE 3rd overseas (COMINTERN)
6. SOVIET international coverage
7. THE crimson military
11. different SOVIET LEADERS
IV. the industrial lifetime of THE SOVIET UNION
1. common experiences
2. THE FIVE-YEAR PLANS
3. COLLECTIVISED AGRICULTURE
4. exchange AND trade
5. THE CO-OPERATIVE circulate
6. alternate UNIONS AND LABOUR stipulations
7. forex AND BANKING
V. tradition AND SOCIAL existence
1. CULTURAL existence
2. technological know-how AND PHILOSOPHY
4. lady within the USSR
5. faith within the USSR
6. SOVIET GEOGRAPHY AND EXPLORATION
1. SOVIET LITERATURE IN TRANSLATION
2. BRITISH PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS (CMD.) when it comes to SOVIET RUSSIA
3. MISCELLANEOUS sequence with regards to SOVIET RUSSIA
4. a few NOVELS approximately SOVIET RUSSIA
Windham Press is devoted to bringing the misplaced cultural history of a while previous into the twenty first century via fine quality reproductions of unique, vintage published works at reasonable costs.
This publication has been conscientiously crafted to make use of the unique photos of old books instead of error-prone OCR textual content. This additionally preserves the paintings of the unique typesetters of those classics, unknown craftsmen who laid out the textual content, frequently by means of hand, of every and each web page you are going to learn. Their refined artwork regarding judgment and interplay with the textual content is in lots of methods more suitable and extra human than the mechanical tools applied at the present time, and gave every one ebook a special, handmade think in its textual content that attached the reader organically to the artwork of bindery and book-making.
We imagine those advantages are well worth the occasional imperfection caused by the age of those books on the time of scanning, and their classic think offers a connection to the previous that is going past the mere phrases of the textual content.
Read or Download Books on Soviet Russia 1917-1942: A bibliography and a guide to reading PDF
Similar bibliographies & indexes books
Whereas different Bible catalogs can be found, this finished reference booklet is destined to turn into the normal within the box. Chamberlin's one-volume paintings strains the booklet heritage of a number of versions of Bible translations and provides priceless decriptive annotations. The catalog not just comprises whole Bibles, but in addition previous and New Testaments, partial texts, commentaries that come with translations, kid's Bibles, Apocryphal writings, and the Koran, besides.
Fresh stories exhibit that, both consciously or unconsciously, academics are usually not training gender fairness within the school room. Boys are referred to as on extra at school than women and are inspired to pursue careers from which ladies are excluded simply because they're regarded as much less able. severe questions come up for educators and counselors during this time of accelerating expertise of the consequences of gender bias, corresponding to what contains a gender-fair schooling and the way can gender fairness develop into a part of the school room curriculum?
The topic of church and nation is one in detail linked to the historical past of Christianity and Western civilization. notwithstanding, the topic is person who is certainly not restricted to anyone spiritual culture, civilization, or interval of heritage. relatively, it's a topic that has historic and common value to all cultures and non secular traditions in the course of the international.
What do constructions similar to the Eiffel Tower, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the concrete roofs of Pier Luigi Nervi have in universal? in response to this publication, now in its first paperback version, all are awesome examples of structural paintings, an exhilarating shape precise from both structure or laptop layout. Aided by means of a couple of attractive illustrations, David Billington discusses top structural engineer-artists, akin to John A.
- A Research Guide to the Ancient World: Print and Electronic Sources
- World War I cumulative index
- Riedls Kulturgeschichte der Evolutionstheorie: Die Helden, ihre Irrungen und Einsichten
- Online Information and Research
- Enlightened Rainbows: The Life and Works of Shardza Tashi Gyeltsen
- Twentieth Century Crime and Mystery Writers
Extra resources for Books on Soviet Russia 1917-1942: A bibliography and a guide to reading
G. 46; Tg. 2 Chron. 9. 56 Targumic and Cognate Studies 'grace'. However, if that were the case, why use ion in conjunction with ]n in 23 out of 27 cases? This now leads into the first part of this question— why use "ion here at all? Three explanations are hereby offered. 1 . "[ in these 27 passages literally as 'grace', using the literal Aramaic twn four times by itself and in 23 additional passages in combination with Kion as that term eventually developed into the Aramaic equivalent for Hebrew ]n.
La Viviente'. Tg: 'El hombre llamo a su mujer con el nombre de Eva (Hawwd), porque ella fue la madre de todos los vivientes (hyy3)'(TN). 'Y Adan llamo a su mujer con el nombre de Eva (Hwh\porque ella fue la madre de todos los hombres (bny nP)'(TJI, TO). El juego de rafces se continua en parte en el Tg. (TN), pero TJI-TO especifican mas, hablando de 'todos los hombres'. d. vida (Gen. 2). Le fue dada como un consejero, pero hizo de espia como la serpiente. R. d. d. para emitir una opinion, y con hiwya, la serpiente.
10. Gen. R. 8. 11. Gen. R. 9; Deut. R. 37. 12. Gen. R. 1. MERINO Onomdstica y Toponimia 35 Tg: 'Adan dijo entonces: Esta vez—y ya nunca mas—la mujer ha sido creada del hijo del hombre, como ella ha sido creada de mi, hueso de mis huesos y carne de mi carne. A ella le conviene ser llamada mujer porque del hombre ella ha sido creada' (TN). 'Adam dijo entonces: Esta vez—y nunca mas la mujer no sera creada del hombre, como ella ha sido creada de mi—(ella es) hueso de mis huesos y carne de mi carne: Ella—el dijo—es hueso de mis huesos y carne de mi carne.