By David Thomas
Christian-Muslim kinfolk, a Bibliographical historical past five (CMR 5), protecting the interval 1350-1500, is a constant quantity in a common background of relatives among the 2 faiths from the 7th century to 1900. It includes a chain of introductory essays and likewise the most physique of distinctive entries which deal with all of the works, surviving or misplaced, which have been recorded. those entries offer biographical information of the authors, descriptions and exams of the works themselves, and whole money owed of manuscripts, variations, translations and reports. the results of collaboration among a number of best students, CMR five, in addition to the opposite volumes during this sequence, is meant as an necessary device for learn in Christian-Muslim kinfolk.
Read or Download Christian-Muslim Relations. A Bibliographical History. Volume 5 (1350-1500) PDF
Similar bibliographies & indexes books
Whereas different Bible catalogs can be found, this entire reference publication is destined to develop into the normal within the box. Chamberlin's one-volume paintings strains the booklet heritage of a number of variants of Bible translations and provides precious decriptive annotations. The catalog not just comprises entire Bibles, but in addition outdated and New Testaments, partial texts, commentaries that come with translations, kid's Bibles, Apocryphal writings, and the Koran, in addition.
Fresh reviews express that, both consciously or unconsciously, academics aren't practising gender fairness within the lecture room. Boys are referred to as on extra in school than ladies and are inspired to pursue careers from which women are excluded simply because they're regarded as much less able. critical questions come up for educators and counselors during this time of accelerating understanding of the results of gender bias, equivalent to what includes a gender-fair schooling and the way can gender fairness develop into a part of the study room curriculum?
The topic of church and country is one in detail linked to the heritage of Christianity and Western civilization. even though, the topic is one who is certainly not restricted to anyone non secular culture, civilization, or interval of historical past. fairly, it's a topic that has ancient and common value to all cultures and spiritual traditions during the global.
What do buildings equivalent to the Eiffel Tower, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the concrete roofs of Pier Luigi Nervi have in universal? in line with this publication, now in its first paperback version, all are remarkable examples of structural artwork, an exhilarating shape certain from both structure or laptop layout. Aided by way of a couple of gorgeous illustrations, David Billington discusses best structural engineer-artists, corresponding to John A.
- A Century of American Popular Music: 2000 Best-Loved and Remembered Songs
- Guide to Sira and Hadith Literature in Western Languages (East-West University Islamic Studies)
- The Impact of Fair Trade
- Handbook on Hedonic Indexes and Quality Adjustments in Price Indexes: Special Application to Information Technology Products
- A Bibliography of Greek New Testament Manuscripts
- Ku Klux Klan Sheet Music: An Illustrated Catalogue of Published Music, 1867-2002
Additional info for Christian-Muslim Relations. A Bibliographical History. Volume 5 (1350-1500)
945) connected with a reference to Ptolemy,25 and al-Masʿūdī’s (d. 26 In al-Andalus, historiographers of the 10th and 11th centuries were able to make use of a growing pool of information on the region’s past: Visigothic ancestry and associated memories of the period of conquest play a role in the history of Ibn al-Qūṭiyya (d. 28 Several texts also testify to the extensive assimilation of the local Latin heritage. Most important is the Kitāb Hūrūshiyūsh, a restructured, enlarged and chronologically extended Arabic version of Orosius’ (d.
11. ’, Zeitschrift der Deutschen Morgenländischen Gesellschaft 90 (1936) 22-26; R. Hoyland and B. Gilmour, Medieval Islamic swords and swordmaking. Kindi’s treatise ‘On swords and their kinds’, Oxford, 2006, pp. 22-23, 42-43 (expressing doubts about the ‘Frankish’ origin of these swords). 46 Ibn Khurradadhbih, Kitāb al-masālik wa-l-mamālik, ed. M. de Goeje, Leiden, 1889, pp. 153-54. On the Radhanite Jews, see E. Ashtor, ‘Aperçu sur les Radhanites’, Schweizerische Zeitschrift für Geschichte 27 (1977) 245-75.
149; cf. V. Lagardère, Histoire et société en Occident musulman au moyen âge. Analyse du Miʿyār d’al Wansarīsī, Madrid, 1995, p. 48, fatwa no. 182. 95 Concilium Lateranense IV (1215), § 71, in J. ), Konzilien des Mittel alters. Vom ersten Laterankonzil (1123) bis zum fünften Laterankonzil (1512-1517), Paderborn, 2000, p. 270; Guillelmus Adae, De modo Sarracenos extirpandi (RHC, Documents arméniens 2), Paris, 1906, p. 523. 96 Lagardère, Histoire et société en Occident musulman au moyen âge, p. 33, fatwa no.