By Leon Willenborg, Ton de Waal
The target of this ebook is to debate a number of facets linked to disseminating own or company info gathered in censuses or surveys or copied from administrative assets. the matter is to provide the knowledge in this sort of shape that they're helpful for statistical learn and to supply adequate safety for the participants or companies to whom the knowledge refer. the most important a part of this ebook is anxious with how to find the disclosure challenge and the way to accommodate it in functional circumstances.
Read Online or Download Statistical Disclosure Control in Practice PDF
Best public affairs & administration books
It is a hopeful account of the potential of organizational swap and development inside govt. regardless of the chant that “people face up to change,” it truly is attainable to impact significant reform in a wide paperwork. In Unleashing swap, public administration specialist Steven Kelman offers a blueprint for achieving such advancements, according to his adventure orchestrating procurement reform within the Nineteen Nineties.
Is the us an exhausted superpower? fresh army operations in Iraq, Somalia, and Kosovo have ended in defeat or stalemate. America's key weaponry is speedy changing into out of date, and its women and men in uniform are disappointed. but the U. S. continues to be devoted to a wide selection of conflicts world wide and is more and more faced through threats opposed to which conventional army energy can be useless.
- The Changing Public Sector: A Practical Management Guide
- The Class of 1761: Examinations, State, and Elites in Eighteenth-Century China
- Presidential Responsiveness and Public Policy Making: The Publics and the Policies That Presidents Choose
- Hope of the Wicked: The Master Plan to Rule the World
- E-Governance: A Global Perspective on a New Paradigm
Additional resources for Statistical Disclosure Control in Practice
Combinations that occur quite often are less likely to trigger his curiosity. If he tries to match records consciously, then he will probably try to do this for key values that occur only a few times. If the matching is done subconsciously and the user knows an acquaintance with a rare key value, then a record with that particular key value may cause him to consider the possibility that this record belongs to this acquaintance. Moreover, the probability of a correct match is higher in case the number of persons that score on the matching key value is smaller.
One of the two synthetically constructed data sets was the microdata file, the other one was the identification file. The kind of distribution of the added noise, with mean 0, is assumed to be known to the attacker. The variance of the noise, however, is assumed unknown to him. The attacker has to estimate this variance on the basis of the (assumed) knowledge of the statistical production process. By applying their method PaaB and Wauschkuhn also showed that it is not necessary to make an accurate estimate of the unknown variance of the noise in order to obtain such good results.
2. Microdata files of Statistics Netherlands currently available through WSA Period a File Vars Size Price b # Units Career Labor Force Survey Socia-Economic Panel Survey Educational Cohort Study Family Expenditure Survey Family Planning Survey Consumer Confidence Survey 1 1 5 1 5 1 60 500 120 900 180 30 84,000 14,000 20,000 2,800 6,000 12,000 5,000 5,000 3,000 3,000 2,000 1,000 4 570 630 54,000 9,000 5,000 5,000 4,000 20 50 520 25,000 59,000 6,000 4 150 190 400 4,400 2,200 1,800 1,000 1 1 70 50 21,000 13,000 2,000 1,000 1 20 45,000 1,000 Living condition Housing Needs Survey Health Survey Day Recreation Survey C data on persons data on day trips Life Situation Survey Victimization Survey d data on persons data on victimizations National Election Survey 1 1 1 4,000 2,000 Mobility Mobility Behavior Survey Car Panel Survey Building Building Permits Issued aperiodicity: 1 = yearly or continuously, 4 = once every four years, 5 = once every five years.